- Digital Broadcast Associate, CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley February 2015-Present
- Manage social media accounts and post news stories regularly, send out breaking news updates, produce and edit social videos, create infographics, write promos, monitor trending stories, live tweet the broadcast, track post analytics, update producers on analytics and trends at editorial meetings, gather photos and video from social media for use on air.
- News Associate June 2014 – February 2015
- The CBS News Associate program involves rotating every 3-5 months between various shows and departments within the CBS News division to gain an array of experience in different areas.
- Most recently, I worked at CBS This Morning. My duties included preparing producers and directors in the control room for the show every morning, providing information so senior producers can assess how our show compares to our competitors, assisting producers with research and video requests, compiling rights and clearances information for all pieces in the show, and brainstorming story ideas to pitch at our morning editorial meeting.
- My previous rotation was at the National Desk, where I monitored breaking news and developing stories within the US, made calls to confirm information, and coordinated with CBS affiliates and social media users to obtain photos and videos to help us tell stories visually.
Newswatch 16, ICTV
- Ithaca College Television is student-run and broadcasts to 26,000 households in central New York. Newswatch 16 is Tompkins County’s only local news show and has won numerous awards, including SPJ’s Mark of Excellence award for Best Television Newscast.
- News Director, ICTV Executive Staff December 2013 – May 2014
- Supervised all news content and operations for ICTV and Newswatch 16, hired and managed a staff of journalists and crew, critiqued newscasts, formed sponsor agreements, oversaw collaboration with other student media.
- Producer August 2013-December 2013
- Assisted with auditions and hiring, selected stories, created rundown, provided news judgment, managed and critiqued journalism staff, line produced weekly show
- Anchor February 2012-December 2012
- Hosted half hour newscast once a week, edited stories, wrote intros and teases.
- Reporter February 2011-December 2011
- Independently wrote, reported, produced and edited news packages about local events and issues; conducted interviews on location, filmed b-roll.
- Assistant Producer August 2010-December 2010
- Wrote broadcast news stories, created graphics, operated teleprompter
CBS News Investigative Unit
- Intern June 2013-August 2013
- Pitched and researched stories, contributed reporting to long-term enterprise and breaking news stories for air on various CBS News broadcasts, located sources, conducted preliminary interviews, submitted FOIA requests, obtained archival footage
- Story examples: Edward Snowden case, pharmaceutical company negligence, investment and consumer scams
CBS News London Bureau
- Intern January 2013-April 2013
- Researched stories for various CBS News broadcasts, compiled and produced several stories per week for cbsnews.com, served as production assistant on shoots
News 12 New Jersey
- Intern Winter 2014
- Worked on the Assignment Desk, researching stories, filtering through news tips and arranging interviews and access for reporters; shadowed reporters and photographers in the field; conducted on-camera interviews; shadowed Associate Producers and assisted in writing copy for broadcast.
Daily Record, Morris County, NJ
- Freelance Reporter June 2012-May 2013
- Covered local news and events, conducted interviews, wrote articles
Society of Professional Journalists, Ithaca College
- Member August 2010-Present
- Shooting video with JVC GY-5100, GY-100, PD 150, Sony Z5, and Canon DSLR cameras and capturing audio with lavalier and handheld microphones
- Final Cut Pro 7 and X, Adobe Premiere Pro CC and CS6, AP ENPS, Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Basic Avid NewsCutter, Avid Interplay
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Social Flow, HootSuite)
Ithaca College Graduated May 2014, magna cum laude, GPA: 3.77
Major: Journalism, Park School of Communications Minor: Politics